Please note that the word “council” when it appears below refers to the Pickering Town Council. The town council is a consultee on planning applications for Pickering but decisions are taken either by Ryedale District Council or, in some cases, North Yorkshire County Council or the North York Moors National Park Authority.
District council applications can be viewed online at http://www.ryedale.gov.uk/planning_applications/planning_applications_online_d.aspx; copies of the applications themselves can be viewed in the council office in the Memorial Hall.
For the council’s views on planning applications, please see the council’s minutes and its planning committee’s minutes elsewhere in this website (go to home page and look for Meetings).
The rest of this page is divided into three sections:
planning applications about to be considered by the council or its planning committee;
planning applications awaiting a decision by either the district council or the North York Moors National Park Authority or North Yorkshire County Council;
- recent decisions on planning applications.
Planning applications on which the council will take a view on 20 November 2017:
Planning applications on which the council’s planning committee will take a view on 31 October 2017:
NB Planning application 1 can be viewed at http://www.ryedale.gov.uk/residents/planning/view-a-planning-application.html. Planning application 2 can be viewed at https://onlineplanningregister.northyorks.gov.uk/register/PlanAppSrch.aspx.
- 17/01160/TPO – T1 Sycamore; removal of epicormic stem growth and crown thin by 10%, T2 Beech: thin northern scaffold limb by 10% of TPO 35/1966 at 1 Norman Close;
- NY/2017/0251/FUL – Construction of waste transfer station (1920sq metres), site office (84sq metres), pump storage building (30sq metres), weighbridge and associated office (137sq metres), two storage containers (30sq metres), three sprinkler water tanks, five 8 metre high floodlights, car parking (640sq metres), vehicle access and turning area, two metre high palisade perimeter fence and gates and boundary planning (re-submission) on land at Tofts Road, Kirby Misperton.
Plans awaiting a decision by either the district council or the North York Moors National Park Authority or North Yorkshire County Council:
- 17/01076/TPO – crown reduce plum (T3) tree by up to one metre all over crown and tidy up broken branches back to branch collar at main stem. 36 Eastfield Road;
- 17/00978/FUL – erection of a kiosk for the chlorination of raw water to include formation of a concrete base, hardstanding and earth bund at the Clean Water Production Site, Westgate Carr Road;
- 17/01164/CAT – pollard five yews to 1.5m, fell lime, remove lower limb of Scots Pine and fell sorbus on land off Birdgate;
- 17/01155/LBC – external and internal alterations to include replacement of three rear timber windows by timber double glazed windows, secondary glazing to the front windows, installation of conservation rooflight to the rear roof slope, installation of boiler flue and extractor vent to the rear wall and internal layout alterations at 16 Undercliffe.
- NY/2017/0220/73 – Variation of condition Nos. 2 and 24 of Planning Permission Ref. C3/14/00005/CPO (Waste Transfer Station) which relates to alterations to the width of the Tofts Road carriageway on land at Tofts Road, Kirby Misperton, North Yorkshire, YO17 6BG;
- 17/01060/TPO – T2 Lime. Crown lift lower branches to two metres, reduce crown overall by 1.75m and thin crown. 1 Bursary Court;
- 17/01053/FUL – change of use and alteration from retail use (A1) to dwellings (C3) to form 1 one bedroom and 1 two bedroom flats at 10 Eastgate Square;
- 17/01097/ADV – installation of replacement signage to include non-illuminated aluminium staff parking sign to rear car park, externally illuminated projecting sign and non-illuminated banner frame to east elevation, externally illuminated fascia sign and non-illuminated fascia sign to north elevation and externally illuminated fascia sign and non-illuminated fascia sign to west elevation of the Cooperative Store, Champley’s Mews;
- 17/01065/FUL – erection of a storage building for machinery and equipment in connection with Christmas tree business and formation of vehicular access track utilising existing dropped kerb, land west of Goslipgate;
- 17/00908/FUL – partial rebuilding, extension and alteration of existing outbuilding/annexe to form a one bedroom holiday cottage with parking space following demolition of west wall and south gable of 2 Granary Cottage, 43 Outgang Road;
- 17/01065/FUL – erection of a storage building for machinery and equipment in connection with the Nurseries and Christmas tree business at Goslipgate Nurseries;
- 17/01069/HOUSE – erection of two storey and single storey extension to the side elevation of 7 Firthland Road;
- 17/00877/FUL – erection of a general purpose agricultural storage building on land south of Lane View Farm, Upper Carr Lane;
- 17/00880/ADV – installation of internally illuminated fascia sign following the removal of existing signage and lighting at Eastgate Fisheries, 79 Eastgate;
- 17/00823/CAT – felling of Silver Birch at 112 Eastgate;
- 17/00825/CAT – felling T1 Beech and T2 Horse Chestnut at Beck House, 28 Hungate;
- 17/00853/CAT – modest conservation work on a large horse chestnut at 25 Potter Hill;
- 17/00894/MOUT – residential development of up to thirty dwellings with associated access (site area 1.08ha) on land off Ruffa Lane;
- 17/00762/FUL – change of use of an area of public highway to form an outdoor seating area in connection with the existing coffee shop at 15 Market Place (amended layout);
- 17/00482/HOUSE – amended details to the erection of radio mast and aerials to the rear of 54 Westlands;
- 17/00482/HOUSE – erection of radio mast and aerials to the rear of 54 Westlands;
- 16/00346/MOUTE – hybrid planning application comprising 1) application for full planning permission for a 5127 sq m purpose built production (B2 Use) on the eastern area of land in the south of Thornton Road Industrial Estate with associated infrastructure comprising construction of access road from the estate, car parking, servicing, drainage works and landscaping, 2) application for outline planning permission for the erection of 5900 sq m of business units (B1 Use) and 5990 sq m of industrial units (B2 Use) on land to the south of the estate (western portion of the site) – site area 6.6 ha, on land north of Outgang Lane – amended details;
- 16/00921/73AM – variation of Condition 43 of approval 15/01451/73AM dated 18 March 2016 by substituting flood risk assessment (FRA) by Alan Wood and Partners dated January 2013 and the mitigation measures detailed within it points 1-4 by a replacement FRA by Richard Jackson Engineering Consultants Ltd dated April 2016 and its flood risk management recommendations at Pickering Showground, Malton Road;
- 16/00346/MOUTE – hybrid planning application comprising 1) application for full planning permission for a 5127 sq m purpose built production (B2 Use) on the eastern area of land in the south of Thornton Road Industrial Estate with associated infrastructure comprising construction of access road from the estate, car parking, servicing, drainage works and landscaping, 2) application for outline planning permission for the erection of 5900 sq m of business units (B1 Use) and 5990 sq m of industrial units (B2 Use) on land to the south of the estate (western portion of the site) – site area 6.6 ha, on land north of Outgang Lane.
Recent decisions on planning applications
- 17/00389/HOUSE – erection of two storey extension to west elevation of 40 Westlands – approved;
- 17/00631/FUL – formation of vehicular access with entrance gate and fencing to serve applicant’s agricultural land east of Malton Road – withdrawn;
- 17/00957/REM – erection of a three bedroom agricultural worker’s dwelling (outline approval 17/00303/OUT dated 30 June 2017 refers) on land at Leas Farm, Lendales Lane – approved;
- 17/00852/HOUSE – erection of a two storey side extension to 19 Swainsea Drive – approved;
- 14/01259/MFUL – erection of 12 four bedroom dwellings, 27 three bedroom dwellings and 13 two bedroom dwellings with associated garaging, parking, amenity areas, public open space, landscaping and formation of vehicular accesses and site roads on land at the rear of Firthland Road, Pickering;
- 17/00923/HOUSE – erection of detached double garage following demolition of existing detached garage at Keswick House, Westgate – approved;
- 17/00833/TELN56 – erection of a 12m high telecommunication mast to include one omni-antenna together with associated ground-level equipment cabinet at Vivis Lane – approved;
- 17/00819/LBC – installation of bathroom fittings to first floor bedroom and second floor bedroom at Vivers Mill, Mill Lane – approved;
- 17/00090/LBC – external and internal alterations to attached barns to form three holiday cottages to include partial re-roofing following removal of central fold yard structure together with installation of timber-framed doors and windows and additional walls at Broates Farm, Swainsea Lane – approved;
- 17/00740/FUL – replacement of existing shop front to enable sub-division of the premises into two units with separate access to the first floor flat and installation of four roof lights at 7 Park Street – approved;
- 17/00712/LBC – installation of replacement windows to first floor of Beckside Crafts, Bridge Street – approved;
- 17/00704/HOUSE – erection of a detached garage at 6 Willowgate – refused;
- 17/00640/73A – removal of Conditions 8, 9 and 10 of approval 03/00196/FUL dated 18 June 2003 to allow reinstatement of permitted development rights removed by these conditions re Buckthorn Farm, Haygate Lane – approved;
- 17/00573/HOUSE – erection of detached single garage at Joiners, 75 Outgang Road – approved;
- 17/00470/HOUSE – erection of a single storey side/rear extension at 14 Littledale (revised details to approval 15/00795/HOUSE dated 18 November 2015) – approved;
- 17/00398/FUL – erection of building forming two units for B1/B8 use together with formation of access, car parking and boundary fence/landscaping on land east of Outgang Lane – approved;
- 17/00603/LBC – installation of canopy over the front entrance door of the Black Swan, 18 Birdgate – refused;
- 17/00303/OUT – erection of an agricultural workers dwelling (site are 0.1ha) on land at Leas Farm, Lendales Lane – approved;
- 17/00287/LBC – replacement of existing felt roof with fibreglass covering to rear extension of 54 Westgate – approved;
- 17/00440/HOUSE – erection of single storey extension, raising of roof height of link area and replacement of timber windows with PVCU windows and replacement/alteration of front and side doors at 2 Undercliffe – approved;
- 17/00544/HOUSE – erection of a two storey extension to 11 Marshall Drive – approved;
- 17/00356/FUL – erection of single storey extension to the north elevation (revised details to refusal 16/01414/FUL dated 15 November 2016) at the Masonic Hall, Bridge Street – approved;
- 17/00119/FUL – erection of a three bed dwelling with parking and amenity areas on land to the rear of the Old Manse, Middleton Road – refused;
- 17/00122/FUL – erection of a building for the storage of horticultural implements and materials on land west of Goslipgate, in relation to a Christmas tree growing business on a separate site – withdrawn;
- 17/00492/HOUSE – erection of single storey rear extension to 112 Westgate – approved;
- 17/00237/HOUSE – erection of two single storey extensions and erection of double garage to replace detached single garage at October House, 141 Middleton Road – approved.